Sunday, December 16, 2007

Random Rambling

Few weeks back, I was having coffee with a friend and his gf. He is a hunk in every way. Runs his own business, works out at the gym 4-5 times a week, perfect complexion, 6 foot tall and a humorous personality. His gf? A 360 degree difference, she is heavy sized, just an ordinary girl. Nevertheless, they are surely a loving couple. A living testimony that looks ain't everything. He always say this in front of me, "xxx is perfect in every way, with her I feel complete". That's definitely words of contentment. Alas, that was just a glimmer of hope in this materialistic world in which appearance is still the centre stage for many people's mind.


Had another conversation with a net friend of mine. She ask me if I mind my gf getting fat during the process of our relationship (hypothetical question here since I am now single). My reaction was the same as always, as long as her attitude towards me is the same then it doesn't really matter BUT i would ask her to do her yearly medical so that the weight gain does not affect her health. If it is, then I would have a problem. Her bf gave her a different answer though. "No lah my darling, you won't be fat leh, you so skinny now.... i cannot imagine you being fat. Besides, you go gym very often". His answer may not be wrong, maybe he truly cannot imagine his gf getting fat since she is very conscious about her own body (she always complain that she's fat even though she isn't). Nevertheless I guess it was a moment of insecurity on her part and her bf should have been more tactfully when answering her question.

Come to think of it, I have yet to meet a girl that does not complain that she isn't fat. Apparently the skinny girls wanna be skinnier, the more or less medium sized wants to be thinner and the chubby cute girls wanna shed more weight by going on high protein low carb diet. Come on girls you are pretty as you are!! What has happened to the "beauty is only skin deep" theory? Rake it out from the drain will ya. Ya ya.... I am sure some will say, common dude, don't tell me you will not mind if your gf is a fat ass. To be honest, of course I do but I bet a 6ft 2" 200 kg guy won't mind. Then again, I could be like the case above where love over powers everything. All I am saying is, whatever form, shape and size you are, there is always someone out there that would adore you for who you are. This seems to be a contradiction from my first statement that people nowadays are vain and that looks do count for many. That's right too and hence the world we live in. A world full of contradictions. So it really depends on what angle your looking at i guess.

Me on one hand is not really bothered. I am already a fat ass... SO BE IT!

One thing though, woman are more forgiving about guys body shape. Most woman I talked to don't really mind their man being on the heavier side. I take comfort whenever I hear that.

Oh well.... enough rambling.

Until next time..............

11 comments:

Novemberbabe said...

Ya it's true to certain extend that guy should be more tactfully when they answer their gf question, "No lah my darling, you won't be fat leh, you so skinny now.... i cannot imagine you being fat. Besides, you go gym very often" This sentence could break the relationship apart, no doubt.

We gals jus feel insecure when guy gv us those answer, i mean it's just like a perfunctory to us... so guys is a MUST to read this article & learn to be smarter haha XD

Anonymous said...

Ya lah, guys normally look at womans appearance first. Then later they look for other things that the girl have. So outer beauty is first for most guys

Girls the other way around one. They look for character first then looks normal will do.

Of course this is just the majority lah. There are always exceptions.

Horny Ang Moh said...

Lady always their men to be big! I am 96kg but gf n 53kg ( she use to be 45kg )! So don't worry! Big guy can finf gf!

Dalicia said...

yes, beauty is skin deep. besides the weight. you have to get along with the person too! there's someone for everyone. just a matter when you'll meet them

Chee Hoe said...

Michelle,
Key to a relationship is understanding. I think once both understand each other, he/she will know how to answer whatever question thrown to them by their partner

Jerry,
Yup I do agree on that point too.

Hor Ny,
For sure my bro. The bigger they are the better for pokeing? Hahahaha

Dalicia,
Comunication is the key to a successful relationship. Looks don't last a lifetime but character does.

Chee Ching said...

I can't imagine my bf skinnier than me actually =(

Chee Hoe said...

Chingy,
Guys on the chubbier side are more huggable :)

Apple said...

I was more chubby than now. I couldn't get any attention from guys, whereas my friends are getting boyfriends already. People come to me only for assistant. How sad =(

Only until 2 years ago, I met him. He doesn't care about how fat I was. I asked and still asking why did he choose me? He said it's my personality. I'm so touched and decided to go on a diet to shape up a bit and of course to get healthier. I succeed.

Chee Hoe said...

Apple,
Really good to hear that. You are loved for what you are and not what you look like. I think thats the building block of a lasting relationship.

On the weight part. I need to loose weight too. I feel unhealthy nowadays. Too much sitting on my big fat arse blogging... haha.

Eelaine said...

I always say I'm fat. But I never really bothered -_- I think I probably say it just to annoy my boyfriend haha.

I will say I'm fat, then the next minute I'll be eating chips/ice creams/chocs.

Anyway I think girls are conscious about weight due to the influence of the modeling world, slimming ads etc. And it doesn't exactly help that guys are more visual.

When I say more visual means, they let looks decide first. Then only comes personality.

I think loving yourself should come first (:

Chee Hoe said...

Your right.

Girls that keep complaining that they are fat can be annoying at times but I guess they do it in order to hear us man telling them that they are not :P

Wicket cycle i tell ya... hehe