Monday, December 10, 2007

Invigorating Monday Morning

Had a very interesting day at my outlet today.

It was an un-expectantly busy Monday and whilst in the midst of people coming in and out, a girl came in for a usual contact lens enquiry. Of course my able staff dealt with her question as per usual and requested her to take a seat while waiting for me to see her later. Now here is the beginning of what turned out to be really strange. Instead of waiting at the waiting area, she rushed into our staff room cum office which was located at the mid end of the outlet. She then took a seat on our office chair and casually started reading a magazine that she took along with her. Sensing something odd, my girls alerted me of the situation. The first thing that came to mind was her being a new patient, maybe she lost her way or mistook our office as the waiting area. I then politely asked her to come out of the office so that I could test her eyes with our auto-refractor. Again here is the second queer thing that happened. The moment i said "done", she rushed back into our office without me having a chance to say another word. That was when i was sure there was something wrong with her. I went back in again and requested her to come out so that I could explain the result of the eye test. But again right after i have explained to her of her eye condition, she rushed back into the office. By now I knew she was a nut case. This time with a more assertive tone, I told her that she cannot wait in the office as its only for working staff. Here is a short transcript of what transpired.

Me : Excuse me madam but you can't wait in our office. This is for staff only
Her : Huh? What do you mean, is this your office?
Me : Yes madam it is
Her : Are you sure? Where is your name written here saying that it is? Where is the proof. (she then repeated a few times asking what date it is today and stuff)
Me : I am sorry but this is indeed our office and you can't wait here.
Her : Are you sure this is your office?
Me : Yes, if you don't mind please wait outside at our waiting area. We will attend to you shortly.
Her : So I am not allowed to be here?
Me : Yes
Her : FINE! I WILL LEAVE!

This is the point where i was starting to get a bit relieved as I thought she would leave the premise. But lo and behold, she only walked out of the office and sat on one of my counter and proceeded to her magazine again. At the time I was really busy so I instructed my girls to leave her be and attend to other customers. I didn't want to start a commotion with so many people around just in case she started acting up loudly.

So here we were attending our clients and her in between singing Christmas carols (but very softly I think as I was not aware of her doing so except for a few of my girls). After about 30 minutes or so, while attending one of my regular clients, I heard a scream and also what may be sound of someone spraying something from behind. Apparently the girl found one of the snow spray can that we used for our Christmas mirror deco (Refer to previous blog) and decided to spray my shop with it. I had to virtually grab the can away from her and of course during the process, got myself all messed up. Even after all that she was giggling away as if she was having a lot of fun. I asked her to leave the premise and surprisingly she did not complain and walked out.

Good thing non of my clients complained (well i did get comment on how good I look with white flakes all over my hair and shirt).

So definitely something invigorating for a lazy Monday morning.

P.S What lingered in my mind was not me mad at her doing what she did but my disappointment on her family that allowed her to move freely in town. God bless her if she would have met bad company. She would be in a real big mess if she did.

2 comments:

OzzyAir said...

maybe she's your secret admirer ;) who knows....hehehehehehehehehe....
She may have been admiring u for a while from afar and finally managed to gather up the courage to come inside......on coming inside she made herself at home.......now, that's one theory to the whole picture.....and a good one at that!!!! hehe

Chee Hoe said...

My secret admirer? Hmm... could be. But I think she blew any chance to be in my good books after the whole ordeal. I had to wait 7 hours before i could go shower down the "snow flakes" off my body!