Friday, December 28, 2007

Causeway Bay, Low Yat Plaza



Nowadays wherever you go you will see a lot of Hong Kong ("char charn teng" in Cantonese) style eateries. I was told that the new trend was started by the Kim Gary chain which was so hot that eventually everyone joint in the bandwagon.

One such char charn teng that I do visit once in a while when I hang around Low Yat Plaza/Sungai Wang would be Causeway Bay. Its situated at the ground floor of Low Yat Plaza and opposite Coffee Bean. The food is pretty ok for my standards. So far my favourite seems to be their noodle soup with xo beef. The taste kinda reminds me of a similar place that I frequently visit during my school days in UK.

So if your around Low Yat Plaza do give this place a try.




Toast anyone?

8 comments:

Fahriee said...

Oooh. Causeway Bay..hmm, we have a restaurant here with the same name..dang. I think I'm hungry liao..>.<

Chee Hoe said...

Hmm... maybe they got a branch there. Whereabout are you at?

Apple said...

Looks delicious. Maybe next time when I visit KL, should go have a try.

S said...

I always go to that place too! But sadly i don't study in KL anymore. So don't visit Low Yat that often. Any other branches at other parts of KL?

I'm going to Low Yat this Saturday! Maybe i'll have a chance to eat there again. =)

Dalicia said...

i thought causeway bay, hong kong :) personally, i wouldn't go out to order toast, eggs...those western breakfast. those chinese char teng don't do such a good job with those.

but i like wonton noodles! i hope you're feeling better

Chee Hoe said...

Apple,
Yes you should. Highly recommended!

Flying Fish,
Not too sure if they got branch anywhere else since I am not from KL too. Maybe some of the readers here might know. Anyone?

Dalicia,
Feeling much better now. Thanks.
The toast that they do in HK style restaurants are a bit different then the western breakfast so I think its pretty ok to sample it once in a while. Slight variation after all.

haan said...

FRENCH TOAST!!! GOSH~~~

I like it but when thinking it's so fattening, I faint!!

Chee Hoe said...

Haan,
You should loosen up. A treat once in a blue moon won't harm the celulites :P