Friday, December 14, 2007

Nokia N95 8Gb vs HTC TyTN II

So while the year is coming to an end, the little devil in me decided to burn a hole in my pocket in the form of a new mobile phone.

Being a road blind in most cases, I have been toying on the idea of getting a GPS system for general travel wear. This year a few phones have come out to my liking with GPS built in.

Wifi would be neat as I can go online while having a cup of my favourite Mocha Frappuccino (Yeah, I am one of those few people that have only used a desktop all his life).

Anyways, I have narrowed it down to 2 phones at the moment. The Nokia N95 8GB and the HTC TyTN II.

Here's a short description of the two phones. Firstly the Nokia N95 8GB

2.8" QVGA Screen
HSDPA / GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (Of course got 3G lah)
8BG of Internal Memory (Wow!! IPOD on steroids)
128 MB SDRAM memory
ARM 11 332 MHz processor
Integrated GPS and Nokia Maps (No more getting lost!)
5 Mega Pixel Camera with Carl Zeiss Optics
TV Output
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, UPnP technology (Can chat on yahoo for free!)
Symbian OS 9.2, S60 rel. 3.1

If you still have no idea what I am talking about. This phone just rocks!

Nevertheless this phone will be setting me back to about RM2700 for a original set (Ouch!)


Next is the HTC TyTN II













Touch Screen!!! (Woahhh!!)
Windows Mobile 6 Pro
2.8" TFT LCD Screen
256MB Internal Memory (Boooo!)
128MB SDRAM
HSDPA / GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
QWERTY Keyboard (Cool eh)
Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g
3 Mega Pixel Camera
Micro SD Memory Slot
Integrated GPS

A cool phone. Touch screen is real tempting

This phone would set be back as much as RM3200 (double ouch!!)

I am leaning more to the N95 8GB at the moment but with my touch of craziness I might get a completely different phone.

So any of you guys and girls out there already own or know more about this phone? Give me comments lah! If you got other phones to recommend please do so too ya.

4 comments:

Dalicia said...

i'm looking more towards a blackberry type of device.

but the technology can't keep up with my expectation! i guess i'll have to wait for my "ideal" gadget

Chee Hoe said...

Don't know much about blackberry myself, but I guess there is no "ideal" gadget. Everyone has different expectations. Human nature.... we always expect more. Haha

curryegg said...

Haha.. may all your wishes come true especially for Hot Babe.. kekezz..

Chee Hoe said...

Curryegg, Hahaha... thats just wishful thinking