Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Putera Jaya Bandor

Today was one of those days in which both my 2 girls are not around when I needed them to look for a patient record. Anyways, while searching for a patient record of mine, i stumbled upon a very interesting name (a young boys name). I guess the father must be a pretty patriotic kind of guy since he named his son Putera Jaya Bandor.


In our native Perak slang, bandar (town) is pronounced as bandor. So in short his name translated to English is "Town of Puterajaya". This boy is 12 this year old and not to my surprise, I found this information off the net regarding Putrajaya.

"29th August 1995 Prime Minister Dato Seri Dr. Mahathir Muhammad officiates the launching of Putrajaya at the Putrajaya project site."

Yup! Thats exactly 12 years ago. The father must have loved our country so much to name his son after the Federal Government Administrative Centre.

I on the other hand pity his son. Imagine you being called Putera Jaya wherever you go. That would be embarassing.

10 comments:

Berberboo said...

haha... at least his FATHER is SMART enough not to name him Bandor Putera Jaya... that will really make him a laughing stock... haha

Berberboo said...

wait wait... i see a Zainal Abidin too... hahaa... isnt he a singer??? whoa... anak penyanyi terkenal... woot woot... hope he doesnt sue me... ^^

Chee Hoe said...

Hahaha.... i didn't catch the Zainal Abidin part. Now thats a double whammy! lol

Just remembered another name I stumbled not too long ago.

Tak bt Nak (no joke!!)

I think she would be a good spokesperson for the governments anti smoking campaign!

Apple said...

lol, what and interesting name. And for the Tak bt Nak, sounds like a joke. OMG, can't believe such name do exist.

Fahriee said...

LOL..I think that name's pretty wicked. Imagine his friends calling him with all the cool nicknames they can come up with..then again, it is a burden carrying a name like that. xD

Chee Hoe said...

Apple,
That wasn't a joke. She is one of those old kampung folks that comes with simple names. I often see names like Nan, Tin, Lan and those kind of singular names in my patient records. Just that the Tak bt Nak stands out from all the others... haha.

Fahrie,
Ditto. Its wicked alright. I think burden is an understatement!

Digital Polaroids said...

Terrible, terrible name...

Chee Hoe said...

DP,
Ditto dude

Dalicia said...

haahah :) maybe your dad should have called you malaysia :)r

Chee Hoe said...

Thank god he didn't...haha.