Friday, May 2, 2008

BUSY BUSY BUSY

April have certainly been a real busy month for me. Business is doing suprisingly well this month. Of course this I am not complaining *kaching!* If I can maintain the same figures for May then I may seriously think of getting what I plan for 2009 done this year instead.

On the community work (Rotary) front, this year would be a very exciting year indeed. After a few weeks of brainstorming, I have finally got the go ahead from my IPP to take charge of my proposed project. For the past few years, I have seen many elderly patients with cataracts but due to the cost of the surgery, many from the poor are unable to proceed with the surgery and in the process loose their sight. Even if they are to do the surgery at government hospitals, they still need to bear the cost of the Intra Ocular Lens that may cost from RM600 to RM900.

My project tentatively named "Fight for Sight" would involve the identification of this group of people, provide consultation, expertise, and then source them with the necessary funds to undertake cataract extraction. The next 2 month will see me scouring for funds and expertise to get the project underway. Fingers crossed this would be another successful project. Expectations are high since the last Rotary Health Camp 2008 saw unprecedented success. Nevertheless, i am confident as this subject matter is something close to my heart.

2 comments:

Dalicia said...

good luck with your project :)
let us know about it!

Chee Hoe said...

Dalicia,
I shall keep you posted