Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hat Yai Here I Come!

Initially I was really a bit pissed about this trip. This was because a friend was given the task to arrange this trip a few weeks back but due to some rubbish circumstances, I was then handed the task 2 days ago. The only piece of information that was given to me was a website with some hotel accommodation details. I was pretty unhappy as the trip was due for the 7th of June which was Agong's Birthday. Its way too little time to plan for a trip from scratch i thought. Nevertheless the others was really eager to go so I took on the task of organizing it at the end.


Lee Garden Plaza Hotel


Anyways, I am glad to say that after 2 days of frantic planning with cost of calls to Thailand probably on par with my one night accommodation at Hat Yai, I manage to pull through. The local travel agents did not entertain me as I was told there is no rooms available (I needed 8 rooms all together). I then scoured through the Internet and manage to find one that gave me a bit of hope. After calling them a couple of times, I finally manage to get rooms at the Lee Garden Plaza Hotel Hat Yai. The rate was fantastic as well, I was only charged 1260 baht per room including breakfast (not bad for a 3 star hotel during peak season I thought).

I also manage to charter a 26 seater bus for our trip up. This comes to about RM223 per person for the whole trip.

So, tentatively, we shall be traveling to Hat Yai Friday early morning (around 12-1am) just in time for a very early breakfast at Hat Yai and returning on Sunday night.

Its been a long time since I took a break. Looking forward to it.


P.S Some people asked me which site I used to get my bookings. I booked mine through http://www.hotelthailand.com/

2 comments:

haan said...

how was the feeling of being a trip organizer? now u realize another potential of yours!! isn't it good?

Chee Hoe said...

Actually, when I took up the task, I was reminded on your previous post about you giving up organizing your last trip.

But to be honest, I am pretty confident I can do it. I am just lazy. Kind of a push and shove type of person... haha