Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Don't Have Friends, They Are All DEAD!!

Been preparing my PowerPoint presentation on Preventable Blindness today. The roughly 30-40 minutes talk will be held this Wednesday night. My eyes feel like popping out after editing lots of graphics and presentation notes. Anyway its like 90% done. Going to leave the rest for tomorrow. I am more or less zapped.

On a side note. I had an interesting conversation with a patient of mine who is a big time businessman in town.

Me : So Mr X, your business been pretty successful now ya. You got x branches now.
Mr X : I am fortunate. Nowadays I can pretty much relax and let the business run by itself.
Me : That's really good. So what do you normally do during your free time?
Mr X : Not much to be honest. I don't have much friends
Me : Huh? Why not?
Mr X : Most of my friends are either dead or in jail. Besides if I did have my old friends coming to see me its best not to see them. They are normally trouble.
Me : OIC (I quickly changed to a different subject after that)

Now I am beginning to wonder where he got all the wealth from.

4 comments:

Dalicia said...

hahaha...got money but no friends

Chee Hoe said...

Thats sad really. The last thing I want in live is to be rich but with no sincere friends.

Nux V said...

hmnn...what sort of biz is he running?

Chee Hoe said...

Not sure about that but I would say that he is either very much single or have loads of kids