Friday, May 23, 2008

Life : The Eternal Flight of Steps


So here I am sitting in front of the PC at work with nothing much to do. Somehow all needed to be done have been done and I find myself idling my time away in front of the idiot box.

Suddenly there is a sense of why we are living life as we are. Life seems to be an eternal journey led by mortal desires. When I was a child, I have always wished that I could grow up faster and do what the adults can do. Now I AM an adult, I wished life could be as simple as when I was still a kid.

We grow up having desires and as we achieve one level of desire we then move on to the next. This journey we call life is like and endless flight of steps. Its a flight of stairs that we need to walk on but sometimes we loose touch of where this stairs all leads us to. To some life could be a labyrinth of eternal doors and steps. We move, open the door and there we see many more stairs leading to many more doors ahead.

Isn't it nice if the creator could just make it more convenient for us and make escalators instead of stairs and this escalator leads us straight to where we want to be.

Then again life would be dull and meaningless without some uncertainties and variety.

In short, we are never content with what we have and we strive for better things in life.

After all, we are only human


P.S No worries.... this is not an emo post. I am just shit bored in the office.... lol

6 comments:

haan said...

haiz, who never experience the same?

Chee Hoe said...

Its an ancient old problem that everyone encounter but can hardly solve

Dalicia said...

i just want to fly like superman...that's too much to ask?

Chee Hoe said...

Hmmm, That reminds me of R Kelly's song "I believe I can Fly"

Apple said...

Nice post!
I like this statement:

"Isn't it nice if the creator could just make it more convenient for us and make escalators instead of stairs and this escalator leads us straight to where we want to be.

Then again life would be dull and meaningless without some uncertainties and variety."

Well, we human are never satisfy of what we have and what we are.

Chee Hoe said...

We with that life can be simple but yet our mind is way to complex for it.