Wednesday, April 2, 2008

One Piece Anime Review

Recently I have been watching a very interesting anime series called One Piece.

One Piece is set during the time where pirates ruled the seas. A pirate named Gold Roger also known as the Pirate King was executed but before he died, he revealed his last words about the legendary treasure named "One Piece" which was hidden in the Grand Line. 22 years after his death, a pirate (the leading character of this anime) named Monkey D Luffy appeared and has only one goal which is to be the next Pirate King and find the treasure "One Piece". In the story, Luffy after eating the Devil's Fruit, turns into a rubber man. This ability enables any part of his body to be stretched and he uses this ability to battle against other pirates that he encounters.


The storyline is simple but engaging and be prepared to have some good laughs as you go through the series. The characters featured are also not complex with each of his companion striving to achieve their individual dreams. The fighting scene are also exciting and I really like the slapsticks that they slip in between fights.

I am on episode 67 out of the 349 episodes out right now. It has really drawn me in so far and I am looking forward to watching more of it.

A definite recommendation for anime lovers out there.

5 comments:

Apple said...

Good start. I love One Piece very much. Episode 67 is way too far from the recent release, but I think you will get hook to OP when you watch further. I've watch till 347 or 349, I forgot. :P

Chee Hoe said...

I am now on 140. A lot of sleepless nights since I started... haha

Lord of the Palmtrees said...

OMG i ♥ one piece sooooo much! im am sooo obsessed with it. i've watched until 397~ and i've read the manga up till 540. one piece is great.

NeeLai said...

im an avid fan of ONE PIECE too! ^_^

natalie said...

count me in people i am their fan too, as a matter of fact i do purchase them at PIJ. one piece ace is my favorite character because he sacrifice his life for luffy which makes me cry and lots of viewers or fan of him feel sad. Who is your fave character people?