Wednesday, April 9, 2008

5 Year Old Genius

Its amazing when we see talented children with minds/skills that are way beyond their peers.

A friend of mine gave me this link showing a blind 5 year old girl mesmerizing everyone with her skills on the piano. Whats more amazing is the fact that she had never had proper training and plays them by ear. She listens to the song and could improvise and play it on the piano. This clip even shows her accompanying a lady singing a Korean song thus proving that its not just a gimmick.

While watching this, I really felt touched by this talented 5 year old.

I hope you would as well

12 comments:

Dom. said...

Omg.. I'm more incapable than a blind child... zzz

Must improve

Chee Hoe said...

Dom,
I do hope she gets proper training and use her talent to its full potential.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of Marc Yu.

Chee Hoe said...

matchfingers,
Marc Yu is definately a prodigy. Played the piano at 2 and the chelo at 4. Simply amazing

Unknown said...

oo... so touching... even me with so much training also no use.. ai~

Chee Hoe said...

em,
This clip should serve as an inspiration for you to further improve yourself. Don't treat it as a detraction :)

Unknown said...

yea.. whn i go home have to practice piano again.. hahaha.. now should practice flute often... if only i don;t have assignments and exams hanging like the Sword of Damocles.. sigh...

Chee Hoe said...

Wow, you play the flute as well as the piano. The only piece of instrument that i've ever played was a recorder and thats during primary school.

Unknown said...

recorder was fun.. hehe... i picked up flute quite late.. but glad i did.. cuz flute portable.. can bring anywhere.. haha... should've learnt guitar..

Chee Hoe said...

I did attempt to learn the guitar on my own for a short while. Learn a few pieces but then stopped. The guitar now collecting dust.

Aisling said...

Wow thx for sharing...my tears starts to drop...oh my god she's so cute & talented...maybe she waa great musican in her previous life??

Chee Hoe said...

Aisling,
Hey! You haven't commented on my blog for a while ya. Good to hear from you.

I won't really go as far as her past life but I do believe some people are born with a talent and she is definitely one of them.