Monday, February 25, 2008

Good Happiness, Low Yat Plaza

I went to Low Yat today for lunch. Instead of Causeway Bay, which is the regular Hong Kong ("char charn teng" in Cantonese) style eating place that i normally frequent, I decided to give Good Happiness a try. This place is located at the ground floor of Law Yot Plaza

First impression wasn't a really good one. Simply because there wasn't many people there eating. Normally if there is a lot of patrons then it would be a sure bet that the place would be pretty good. Nevertheless I decided to go try it out anyway, there is always a first time for everything right?

I sat there for like 5 minutes and there is no one attending my table. I was like "WTF! there is not many people eating and waiters standing chatting to each other... hello? I am here to eat... pass me the god damn menu please?". After some frantic waiving finally someone came to our table with the menu.

If you think the service is the only thing that is bad, wait till I tell you the next part.

Had a look at the menu... "WTx2F!! half of the menu is full of X mark next to it. Wei... this shop is going to close shop izzit? How come half the menu is no longer available?" (No pics taken of the menu as I was already in a state of shock).

Again the waiter took his time to come take our order.

Since M and I already had lunch earlier, they only had drinks and I only ordered a Prawn Fried Rice.

Now here's another rant. The rice arrived 10 minutes before the drinks. WTx3F!!, is there any place that give food before drinks??

The food though was acceptable for my standards.

Oh noes! The service is so crap that we can't even show our faces!

So the verdict? I would not recommend anyone going there.


P.S Thanks M & I for being there when i really needed the company today. Really appreciate it lots

2 comments:

Dalicia said...

you seem to like those char teng places. the fried rice looks like something anyone can cook

Chee Hoe said...

Well, I don't mind going to char teng places for a quick bite when i am hungry. The are plenty of variety on the menu at this kind of places.

Oh... except this one that is.