Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fly Me To The Moon - Olivia Ong


You know how powerful music is in which it can bring forth sudden memories from the past and give you a true emotional rush?

Been going through blogs and surfing the net when I stumbled upon this great song from Olivia Ong. Sudden flashbacks came haunting like a quick thunderstorm. I just cannot help myself from listening to the song a few more times while following every word and every tune.

For tonight I truly miss what has gone.



Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars

In other words hold my hand
In other words darling kiss me

Fill my life with song
And let me sing forevermore
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore

In other words please be true
In other words I love you

4 comments:

Apple said...

What a beautiful tone. Where is she from?

Chee Hoe said...

Olivia Ong is a singaporean singger. She mainly sings English song but later moved to Japan.

She has a very sultry, soulful, pristine and innocent vocals. You should also listen to other jazz and pop numbers that she reinterprets (example L.O.V.E).

This particular song comes her album called "A Girl Meets Bossa Nova" (if I am not mistaken).

Very nice listen.

Matchfingers said...

What a wonderful song.. It melts my heart, and pull down my anger. Thanks for introducing this..

Chee Hoe said...

Matchfingers,
Glad it helped. Songs can be very influential. It can make you laugh as well as make you cry.