Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Blog Poll Result

Firstly I would like to thank readers for responding to the poll that I have put up on my blog for the past month.

A total of 126 readers participated in my poll.

Here is the breakdown.


Q1. Guy or Gal?

36% Guy
63% Gal

I was trying to figure out why my blog attract more females then males and I can only come up with 2 1/4 reason.

One reason maybe that guys would rather "cuci mata" or look at pretty pictures of female blogger rather then males. So a blog that exclusively post pictures of scenery and food would attract even less male visitors.

Second reason maybe the fact that guys are just lazy asses. They don't like answering polls. Girls on the other hand are more receptive to doing polls.

The other minute (1/4) reason that I could think of was maybe I could actually be a ladies man kind of blogger. The girls just can't help but visit my blog!! (mind my fancy imagination here will ya)


Q2. Are you a blogger?

93% Yes
6% No

No surprises there


Q3 Whats your age group?

18% Under 16
53% 17-23
25% 24-30
3% 31-40

Looking at the figure gives me a mix bag of feelings. On one side, I am pretty surprised at the 18% figure for under 16's. Back when I was 16, I don't even know much about Internet but this group of people are already blogging (since 93% are bloggers). Such fortunate kids we have nowadays.

17-30 forms the bulk of my reader base. That I guess would be the trend for many personal blogs in Malaysia.

Above that age, I virtually got no blog readers.


Q4. Whats your working status

66% Student
24% Professionals
3% Self Employed
1% Management
6% Unemployed

I actually wonder about this 6% unemployed readers. So are you like just graduated and waiting for interviews or just bumming your life away blogging? :P


Q5. How did you find out about my blog

22% Random browsing
15% Linked from another blog
59% Innit
3% You know me in real life

This I really want to know. I got at least 3 friends in real life reading my blog. I know 1 but who are the other 2?? TELL ME OR FOREVER BE DAMNED IN HELL!!!!

59% from Innit. I guess whoring my blog on such sites do bring in traffic :D


There you have it. The result from my first poll.

To be honest, I am pretty happy with my blog right now. Never would I imagine my broken English, crappy written blog would have more then 5 readers a day. This blog is after all my own way of de-stressing.

My 8 month old blog may well end up having a much longer lifespan than I expected.

6 comments:

@ddie said...

yeah it does have a longer lifespan than u expected! keep it up! ^^

Chee Hoe said...

Thanks addie, appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

As what you said, Guys are too busy checking out other female's blog.

Chee Hoe said...

Yup.... I think it may be true for the opposite sex as well

Apple said...

Hmm..your blog is good enough as it's only 8 months old. Keep up the good work.

Chee Hoe said...

Apple,
I am a sucker for words of comfort.
Thanks!