Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Infamous Hat Yai Bazaar

Update: Thanks to Sz, I finally found out that the bazaar is called Hat Yai Plaza

A trip to Hat Yai would not be complete if you have not visited the "infamous" Hat Yai Bazaar. I have no idea what this bazaar is called (anyone can tell me?) but just tell the Tut Tut driver that you want to go to the market/bazaar and they will drop you off here.

Oh yeah, for those coming to Hat Yai, the current rate for Tut Tut is 20 bhat per person if your traveling within town. You should not be paying anything more then that.

The bazaar consist of narrow alleyways packed with rows after rows of stalls selling items ranging from local food products, clothing's, kitchenware to bags and shoes. You can find many fake branded items here cheap and of reasonable quality.

Be sure to bargain when your here. A good start off point would be 50% lower then the asking price. Do not hesitate to bargain lower or you will be paying a lot more then what the item is worth.

I bought a collar shirt at 150 baht, the offer price was 480 baht (I tend to bargain shamelessly).

To say that the bazaar is a huge maze is no understatement. I lost my way a few times trying to locate the shop that I wanted to go back to a few times.

This picture is taken from the shop I got my 3 pairs of shoes for RM130
Its called the "2nd row shoe shop". Stupid me forgot to take a picture of the signboard.


To be continued......

8 comments:

Seizhin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seizhin said...

Ah, that's the place I work at and my pharmacy is located right at the entrance of the building.

Too bad, I could recommend you to a very fair shoes seller, she's nice and a very interested person to get along with. :)

Chee Hoe said...

Important question, is she young, beautiful and with a wonderful sense of humour? =))

Dalicia said...

*LOL* young, beautiful...
i hope the shoes are comfortable.

Chee Hoe said...

Dal,
I think shoes follows the persona of the seller... lol

s.kuan said...

haven't been to hat yai before ... looks cool

Chee Hoe said...

My last time to Hat Yai was during my early primary school days.

Its a good place for food and some cheap shopping.

I'll be posting more of my trips around Hat Yai soon

Jobless Girl said...

make me feel wana go... Shopping and shopping over there.