Monday, June 16, 2008

Forward this or be damned in hell!!


I received a mail today depicting a pair of Hindu Gods. Apparently unless I do not forwards the mail to at least 20 people, I would be cursed and damned to hell (exaggerating a bit lah but you know what I mean). I've been plagued with similar mails on a weekly basis for years. Never once had I forwarded any of them. I guess by doing so, I should have been hit by a truck and died (mati katak) a gazillion times over but sad to say I am still alive and kicking.

Sometimes it baffles me why people bother with chain mails. Are we really that naive to believe in all those crap feed to us in the mail?

Not too long ago, I did rant about this to some of my friends and this are some of the reasons why they think people spread this kind of nonsense

1) Since forwarding an e-mail is only a click of a button, why not do it? Just in case it really comes true lah... my family is happy, my job is good. So why take the minute risk of not sending?
(Total crap if you ask me. Your life is controlled by you and not something someone sent to you via an e-mail. To follow suit just shows how naive you are in this world)

2) I send those e-mail as a means to keep in touch and to tell them I am still alive.
(If you want to keep in touch then send an email with one sentence - "Hi i am still alive, what about you?". That's way better then chain mails. If you send it often enough, your friend might wish that you're dead so he/she don't need to constantly click the DELETE button (pun intended).

3) I got a fetish of sending chain mails! I CAN'T HELP IT.
(Go play SM or something, chain mails are for kids)

On a personal note, chain mails are annoying, irritating and a waste of my energy to delete.

Next time you want to send a chain mail, think of how the receiver would feel like before you click the forward button.

7 comments:

Dalicia said...

lucky me my friends don't do that stuff :)

haan said...

for this kind of "threatening" email, i can't wait to delete. don't even bother to forward. i don't know what those ppl gain by forwarding. i mean those writing the statements to ask people forward.

Chee Hoe said...

Dalicia,
Wanna swap e-mail buddies? =))

Haan,
If this kind of mails are not forwarded then we don't even need to waste our energy deleting them.

I once told a friend not to send those mails to me and she said.

"You just delete it lah, I normally send to everyone in my address book so I don't need to manually click on who to send"

Deep inside I was telling myself, "Can you delete me from your address book please"

-____-

haan said...

last time i blocked someone due to all her forward mails. later she got annoyed with me coz i blocked her :)

Chee Hoe said...

Hmm, how did she know you blocked her? I thought the sender won't receive any notification when you have blocked them.

haan said...

i told her. i said, u need not send me anything. i can't receive coz i already blocked u..

honest enough, and stupid enough!

Chee Hoe said...

Thats real honest... lol
Umm.... i don't think its stupid. Just being the straight forward you! haha