Monday, June 2, 2008

A Car That I Won't Want To Call My Own

Went to have my Malaysia-Thailand border pass done today.

Whats a border pass you might ask?

Its a travel document that one can apply to enter Thailand for multiple journeys and is valid for 6 month. However you must be a Malaysian resident that residing in the state of Perak, Perlis, Kelantan or Kedah for more then 3 years.

While I was driving back, I spotted this.......

I was like... huh? Whats those stuff stuck on to the back of the Pajero??

So I tried to overtake the car for a closer look......

The back of this car is virtually infested with mini-figurines!!!

You see Mickey Mouse at the top? WTFreak??!! Whats the owner thinking of here. Imagine you taking your girlfriend on a date with this car. I would rather walk!!

This is where the number plate is suppose to be but instead we got figurines ranging from hello kitty to ultraman stuck on it.

God save me if I got a car like that......

10 comments:

Falcon said...

I think its kinda cool..lol

haan said...

eh the pass is particularly about DRIVING into thai? as a pure visitor, i think we don't need any visa thingy, right?

Chee Hoe said...

Falcon,
No its NOT =))

Haan,
With the border pass you can travel into Thailand without using your passport. The border pass is valid up to HatYai. Anything north of HatYai, you will need your passport but i have known people traveling up to Bangkok since they are traveling by land.

And yes, we don't need to apply for visa if you travel to Thailand with your passport but why risk your valuable passport if you can travel to Thailand with a border pass that only cost RM10 right?

haan said...

thanks for the explanation. learned something! i have never been to hatyai :)

Chee Hoe said...

I always had the impression that you've been all around Thailand. Totally surprised that you haven't been to Hat Yai

haan said...

tell u, i haven't been to genting highlands for 16 years!!!!

Chee Hoe said...

16 Years?

Hmm... well, based on your lifestyle, thats believable. Your not the type that would fancy the gambling den and its associates.

Vivvy said...

Hey, abt this pajero... my frens and i just saw this in kampar 2 days ago, on the outskirts of my campus.

Apparently, the owner is an elderly retired businessman, i think he should be around 60... being the journalism students we are, we interviewed the uncle and he said he bought these from a flea market in ipoh and took around 50 hours to create this. There was an elderly woman in the car, i gather it was his wife... so I don't think he would find any problem abt ushering a girlfriend in his car or something haha.

WE find this kinda cool and its a piece of news that would sell.

Vivvy said...

oops sorry ter-press caps lock on "we"

Chee Hoe said...

Interesting background story.
Thanks for the heads up!