Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Family Heirloom

Let me introduce you to the car that I've grown up with.


Its a first generation 1975 Opel Gemini Coupe. From the limited information that I gathered from the Internet, this car is the first coupe car introduced in Malaysia (by Opel). The car was proclaimed "Car of the Year" by Wheels magazine in 1975. Apparently the first generation Honda Civic evolved from this model when it was launched in 1997.



The car is still with us albeit hardly being used.

I've had a couple of steamy encounters with some female acquaintance in the car. And before you jump into any silly conclusions, its all due to the air-conditioning not working on a hot rainy day. So when its cold outside and hot in the inside, the windows all get fogged up.

I am glad we still keep the car. It reminds me a lot of my childhood.

Now I am even more glad we kept the car...... I can now claim RM625 rebate and use it on my Vios for petrol money =))

2 comments:

Dalicia said...

glad the family kept it!! :) bright color..probably a good car to go on dates back then :D

Chee Hoe said...

The car was initially red for the first 6 years of its life. Then dad decided to paint it yellow and its as it is till now even after a few more paint job.