Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Malaysian Paranoia

A few friends called me yesterday to warn me of the impending tragedy that will befall us Malaysians. Apparently they have had reliable sources telling them that the government would announce a nationwide curfew in the coming days. I've been given advice to start stocking up on food and other essential items and to wait for the impending uncertainties.

My first impression - BULLSHIT!

To be honest, I don't understand the paranoia of people in this day in age. Have we not grown up as a matured society after 51 years of independence? Common, we Malaysian's are smarter then that. I am confident that most of us love peace rather then anything else right now.

Of course there will be the off few fanatics that would go all the way to disrupt this harmony BUT it does not represent the sentiments of most of us Malaysians.

If a curfew is really announced, then let us all laugh at the police since there won't be much mass rally or people burning houses and plundering supermarkets.


I SHALL NOT STOCK UP FOOD FOR THE IMPENDING SO CALLED "CRISIS"

I SHALL NOT SUBMIT TO BLATANT PARANOIA

2 comments:

Dalicia said...

i just hope things will workout...during the month of ramadan..we all must be in peace. could possibly be a curfew?

Chee Hoe said...

As predicted, nothing happened so far. Unless Anwar gets the ISA, things should be calm.