Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Brief Moment of Calm


We had a blackout a week back at home which lasted about 30 mins. Been having quite frequent blackouts recently. TNB not doing their job.

Anyways, here I was sitting in my room with a single candle being my light source, I find myself sucked into a sudden calm. Somehow I felt a moment of peace for no apparent reason. I was told by a friend a long while that looking into a lighted candle may sometimes bring relief to the soul. I may have just experience that for the first time.

2 comments:

Nux V said...

well, i felt the same during blackout too...but it is not bcoz of staring at the candle...It is due to the 'non-existence' noise from TVs, radios, washing machines, CD/DVD players, air-conds...alarms...blah blah all sorts of electronics stuff around...Well, these gadgets couldn't run when electricity being cut off! and I felt sudden calmness...

Chee Hoe said...

The tranquility without outside interference eh nux