Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pasar Malam Contact Lenses : Geo Lens and the likes of it

Recently I am sure many of you have observed the sudden mushrooming of colour and big eye contact lens stalls as we have our nightly stroll along our local pasar malam spots. You will see brands ranging from Geo lens, kinky eyes and much more fancy names associated with it.

This products are mainly bought by secondary school kids that for reason only known to puberty, grab them at the cheap. From my last visit, they are sold at a meager price of RM15 a pair. A big bottle of contact lens solution is more expensive then that!

Then there was this situation I bumped into while I was doing some shopping at Watson's. There is this group of about half a dozen secondary school girls, all clad in skimpy and tight fitting jeans or miniskirts browsing the contact lens solution area. Out of the group, I heard this girl teaching her friend on what product to buy and what not. To my amazement she told them to buy saline to wash their contact lens and not the standard multi purpose solution! The tone of her authority towards those kids could only be described as pure mistress like. I was telling myself, this is really a time bomb waiting to happen. On the way home, I regretted not voicing out towards the young kids on their misgivings.

This is but a small example of a malignant problem in society. Deep inside, I do not feel that authorities will do anything on the illegal sales of contact lens by non professionals in our country so I won't even try to shout about it. Probably the only thing that would turn this around would be a couple dozen of poor kids blinded by such contact lens sales and with the media blazing the news in force.

To those that understand Cantonese, I will leave this YouTube link regarding problems arising from cheap colored contact lens sales in hong kong for you to ponder upon.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

contact lenses said...

Pasar malam Tuesday Sri Petaling. Near the Store.