Saturday, March 14, 2009

Aquisitions

I have taken tons of picture from the Free Health Screening that we did in conjunction with the World Kidney Day, however I have yet to have time to edit them and post them here.

The project was a huge success. We manage to screen 500 people which was more then our target of 350.

Anyways, I just bought a new wireless router for home. I've been wanting to get one for a while cause my sis needs to use it at home every time she comes over to visit. Before this, I had to bring my Zycel Wireless Modem from work home and back again which was a real hassle.

So after splashing RM190, this was what I bought


This is Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GC.

The installation was hassle free with a real user friendly configuration wizard to help you out with the initial set up. One thing I've learnt about buying gadgets it to stick to a trustworthy brand. You can be rest assured that setting them up would be more or less trouble free. I've had installation nightmares when it comes to cheap taiwan/china brands and would strongly suggest you avoid it.

Last Sunday, I was at Low Yat and I got this...

A shiny new 1 Terabyte External Hard Drive from Maxtor.

No more burning DVD's just because I got no more space on my Hard Drive

Well... at least for now :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great deal. How much is the 1TB Maxtor HDD?

Chee Hoe said...

The maxtor 1TB was suppose to be on offer. I got it for RM350